It is now evident that Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) has multiple benefits to offer business users. In a previous article, Get More for Less, the operating methods and functionality of VoIP technology was outlined. Now let us discuss the specific advantages of using VoIP technology for businesses. We have compiled a list of the Top 5 ways that Voice over Internet Protocol benefits businesses.
- Lower Costs: By utilizing the internet to carry voice, you eliminate the need for a dedicated phone line. Accessing your voice communication services through your internet provider also allows for a greater range of scalability, which means that you only pay for what you use. Additionally, the cost of installation can be lowered by utilizing your existing PBX hardware. Attaching an Integrated Access Device enables the older PBX to function as a type of hybrid that allows for most VoIP calls.
- Scalability: Voice over Internet Protocol services can be easily upgraded as your businesses grows and requires additional phone lines. In some instances, increasing or decreasing the number of lines that your company is using is as simple as picking up the phone and calling your provider. There is no need for intrusive and costly installation procedures.
- Multiple Features: Features that are provided by traditional phone services are also available through VoIP. This includes caller ID, 911, directory listing, and long distance plans. Users are also able to access their phone system from their desktop computer when they are not near their handset. VoIP also allows for free on-network calling, so that you can call anyone on your network without incurring a charge.
- Unified Communications: VoIP enables the user to receive all their business communication, such as phone, voicemail, email, text messaging, fax, and more in a single inbox. VoIP also offers portability, which means that you can take your VoIP number anywhere. Users only need access to an internet connection to communicate. This means that relocating your business is easy since you only need to plug in your equipment and connect to the internet after you have moved to your desired location. Traditional phone companies may not be able to relocate all your lines to a new site, and there is the possibility that your phone service could be interrupted during the transition to your new location. These concerns can be eliminated by obtaining your business phone service through VoIP technology.
- Consolidated Bills: Accessing all your communication needs from one source means that there is only one bill to account for. Many voice and internet services are sold in bundles as well, making it easier to set up all your business communication needs at once.
Voice over Internet Protocol is the future of business communications and will soon become a necessity. Implementing a VoIP system is the first step to adopting unified communications, so your business can boost its efficiency and productivity. To learn more about how your business can benefit from VoIP, download our free white paper here.
Image provided by thaikrit.