More and more businesses are starting to recognize the benefits of colocation. By relocating their mission critical information and equipment to a data center, they can save time and money. Colocation data centers provide solutions to companies of any size, whether you only need 1U of space or if you need a whole cage. No matter how much space your business requires, your company will greatly benefit from the services offered by colocation data centers. Below, we’ve compiled a list of the top five advantages of colocation for business.
1. Physical Security: Data center facilities are equipped with multiple onsite security measures. This typically includes closed-circuit television (CCTV), 24/7 monitoring systems, and security personnel. Additionally, many data centers employ biometric security measures and pass cards for those who need to enter the premise.
2. Connectivity: A majority of data centers have fully redundant network connections to ensure that their customers’ business critical applications are uninterrupted.
3. Network Security: Colocation data centers have extensive network security measures, including the latest and greatest firewalls/IDS systems to detect and prevent any unauthorized access to customer data.
4. Redundant Power Supply: Data center facilities employ a combination of multiple power grids, generators, and battery systems in order to ensure that there is a constant source of power. Many centers also have an extensive maintenance process in place to ensure each power source is operating at optimal levels.
5. Customization: Colocation facilities offer a great deal of flexibility in terms of the amount of bandwidth or space your company needs. If your business needs to increase its bandwidth levels, or burst up to a higher bandwidth level, data centers can easily accommodate the increased activity. Additionally, if your company needs more space to store its data, you can easily upgrade your service to meet your storage requirements.
In summary, any business that stores its data offsite at a colocation facility stands to gain considerably from the greater security and performance levels provided without incurring any significant costs. Data center locations are equipped with resilient power and cooling systems, in addition to the high level of security that ensures its customer’s data and IT infrastructure is operating 24/7.
To learn more about data centers, click here.
Blog Author: Vanessa Hartung